Our Commitment to Resources for Equity through Antiracism, Training, Education, and Disruption (CREATED) initiative leads the Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMSS) portfolio’s ongoing, sustained, and future efforts to weave diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) work into our jobs, keeping in mind that this work elevates the work we do in service to students, families, and the university community at large.
Our goal is for everything we do to be modeled in, supported through, and measured by our commitment and framing of the work from an anti-racist, diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
EMSS covers the membership fees for all EMSS staff interested in joining any and all of the UT Faculty and Staff Associations on campus:
- Asian/Asian American Faculty and Staff Association (AAAFSA)
- Black Faculty Staff Association (BFSA)
- Hispanic Faculty Staff Association (HFSA)
- Pride and Equity Faculty Staff Association (PEFSA)
Interested staff should use the EMSS UT Staff Associations – Membership Request form for new memberships and membership renewals; to ensure your membership costs are paid by EMSS, please do not register or renew directly through the association. Please submit a separate form for each association you would like to join.
Learn more about the history of The University of Texas at Austin and racial justice projects UT faculty and staff are involved in.
- A History of Integration at UT: A conversation about the early days of UT’s integration and the challenges of its first class of African-American students, known as The Precursors.
- Civil Rights in Burnt Orange: Some of the first Black students to attend The University of Texas at Austin after desegregation reflect, along with current UT students, on the gains they made towards equal opportunity and the work yet to be done.
- Teaching Texas Slavery: An initiative aimed at sharing accurate and comprehensive historical research and discussion with Texas school districts and the public.
Associate Director for Access and Inclusion
Office of Admissions
Senior Program Manager
Office of the Registrar